Our mission is to promote the principles of the Democratic Party – to elect Democrats in Clarke County, Iowa’s 2nd Congressional District, the State, and the Nation.
We believe in:
• raising the minimum wage so that hard-working people can provide for themselves and their families and strengthen the economy as a whole.
• the right to health care, including full reproductive health care, and a Medicaid program administered by the state, not by for-profit insurance companies.
• serious funding for education.
• paying our fair share of taxes and asking those who have benefitted most from America’s many blessings to do likewise.
• expanding health care, education, employment, and housing assistance for our veterans.
• environmental responsibility and the use of clean, renewable energy.
• a fair path to citizenship for undocumented workers and those brought to the United States when they were children.
Our organization has members from the following communities:
Osceola, Iowa, the county seat of Clarke County
For news posts, check our Clarke County Iowa Democrats Facebook site, and also Indivisible Iowa SD 14/ HD 27 & 28.
If you have a specific item you would like to see posted on the website, please contact Sandra Baringer, firstname.lastname@example.org.